Growth Through Staff Development
Learning Forward Ontario is an incorporated, non-profit professional educational organization established in 1991. Members include consultants, co- ordinators, principals, vice-principals, teachers, superintendents, directors of education, business and support workers, and faculty of education personnel.
Learning Forward Ontario aims to improve student learning in Ontario by providing leadership and support for those responsible for professional development.
We facilitate this by:
- promoting the Learning Forward’s New Definition of Staff Development;
- promoting the development and use of the Learning Forward standards-based staff development processes;
- providing forums for the sharing of expertise, experience, and resources;
- supporting the development of a network of those responsible for professional learning in education;
- facilitating collaboration with other professional organizations that pursue and support excellence in student learning;
- conducting and disseminating research on professional development in Ontario.
Learning Forward Ontario 2016 - 2017 Board of Directors
- PRESIDENT • MOSES VELASCO
- Student Achievement Officer – Ministry of Education
- TREASURER • DAWNE BOERSEN
- Huron-Perth Catholic District School Board
DIRECTORS AT LARGE
- DR. JENNI DONOHOO
- Provincial Literacy Lead
- Literacy GAINS
- BEATE PLANCHE, Ed.D.
- Researcher/Consultant, Former Superintendent (Curriculum & Instructional Services)
- York Region District School Board